One of the fuss caused during the trek is how to reach the base point. Almost all the treks in Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, & Sikkim begin from a point far away from the last township. Before the trek begins, you have to travel 150-200 km from last accessible point till the base point of the trek. Since there is hardly any public transport convenience available to and from the base point and the frequency of shared transport is also low, it becomes a great nuisance.
For example, you booked a Roopkund trek without booking a shared transport till Lohajung because you were confident that you will manage on your own. After an overnight journey and with a heavy rucksack on your back, all you wish for an easy transport option available at your disposal.
Too late to wish now!
As you arrive in Haldwani, you realize that the situation is completely different than you expected.
1. Much inconvenience: Getting a transport on your own from this point onward is a tedious task. Because there is no public mode of transport available. The only option is a shared jeep or taxi. Before you board on, you have to wait for quite a long time till the vehicle is fully loaded.
2. Exorbitant Price: Since there are no other options, the Jeep drivers have a monopoly which is why they demand exorbitant prices from the travellers. The helpless travellers have no other option than paying high prices.
3. Overloading: The Jeep drivers have no concern for your safety. Their only aim is to make extra money for which they overload the vehicle ignoring the safety guidelines putting your life at risk.
4. Safety issue: you don’t know how skilled a driver the person you are travelling with is. For all you know, that driver could be reckless on road. You cannot just trust anyone with your life.
5. Mishandling: The rucksack or the luggage you bring along is not handled with care. Your luggage is ruthlessly thrown on the carrier of the vehicle. And nobody likes their luggage being mistreated, do they?
At this point, you wish if there was a system that lets you book shared transport online just as you book your trek package or Volvo bus.
Well, guess what? Your prayers have been answered.
All this unnecessary fuss can be eradicated if you book your transport with Himalayan Transport Service Not only it guarantees hassle-free experience but also utmost safety and convenience. Booking a shared transport along with your trek package is a more sensible option.
Your safety is paramount
Driving in the mountains is already a risky job. Driving with an overloaded vehicle even riskier. When the private jeep drivers fill in more people in their jeep than they can fit, it hampers with the safety guidelines putting your life in jeopardy.
But when you decide to travel with a reliable transport service, there will be no negligence of such kind. Your safety is the foremost concern.
Compliance of the driver and the vehicle
The vehicle and drivers which pick and drop at the base point are in compliance with the transport service. Once you book the shared transport, the contact details of driver and boarding point will be shared with you.
It is ensured that the transport vehicle is in good condition. Also, the job is assigned only to the skilled and trusted drivers.
In any case, overloading is prohibited ensuring the safety and comfort of the participants. No matter what, a Tata Sumo/Tempo traveller will carry as many people as it is made for seating.
Guarantee a punctual schedule on the trek
Sharing transport with the participants is beneficial to both organizers and participants. It saves time and inconvenience to both the parties.
A group activity like trek is only possible when all the participants are on time. When all participants reach and assemble at given assembly point, it makes easier for everyone to implement the trek schedule smoothly. This saves everyone a lot of time and offers much convenience.
The trek proceeds on time only when the participants are on time. :D
Because it’s so much convenient
Think of it. Just as you booked a bus online, you also booked a shared transport for your trek. Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy!
You get down on your bus and head straight towards the boarding point, and get into your taxi that takes you to the base point of your trek.
No waiting. No bargaining with the driver. No struggle to find a transport.
Why add unnecessary hassle to your trek when you already have the Himalayan Transport Service at your disposal? All you gotta do is make a one-click booking, sit back, and relax. Everything else will be taken care of.