If you are heading for Chadar Trek this 2021 with Bikat or any other operator, make sure to follow the below mentioned rules for a hassle free experience.
1) All the trekkers must have RT-PCR Covid negative certificate recognized by ICMR laboratory/ hospital along with SMS report on mobile phone as well. The certificate will be checked at airport as well as at the Chadar Registration center.
2) No test facility at Leh for the tourists.
3) Hotel/ Guest house voucher required for contact tracing.
4) Covid related protocol must be followed by all the trekkers. Sanitizer / mask to be provided by tour operators.
5) All support staff (porter/ helper/ cook/ guide) must do Covid test before going on trek.
6) High Altitude Adventure Insurance mandatory for all the trekkers and has to be arrange by themselves from a recognized insurance company.
7) Fee structure for the Chadar Trek 2021:
A) Pre medical check-up & rescue = Rs.3200/-
B) Wildlife fee = Rs.2,000/-
C) ALTOA NOC = Rs.800/-
D) Insurnace = Rs 2000/-
Total = Rs.8,000/-
8) It is medatory to arrive in Leh atleast 3 days before the departure date of trek. Eg if your trek is starting on 10th Jan, you should reach leh on 7th. This is to ensure proper acclimatization.
Julley and a very happy new year to everyone!