Buran Ghati Trek Blogs
If you are looking for all the best things in one trek, Buran Ghati Trek is for you. The trail comprises of the dense forest of Oak & Pine trees. The sacred Chandranahan Lake is another attraction of Buran Ghati Trek. The glacial lake remains frozen for the most part of the year. The carpet of flowers and the glistening streams will keep you amazed. The Buran pass at an altitude of 15059 Ft gives you sublime panoramic views.
This blog talks about why Buran Ghati trek is a complete bucket list trek.
1. Postcard-worthy views during the trek
Buran Ghati trek is considered as one of the most beautiful treks and rightly so. It is a combination of all treks put together. A trek so grand it will be etched in your hearts forever. The picture-perfect views from campsites and on the trail make you appreciate the majestic trek of Buran Ghati.
1. Views from Janglik, the base camp of Buran Ghati
2. Dayara Bugyal
3. Lithum campsite
4. Chandraharan lake…Read on
2. Highlights of the Buran Ghati Trek
Buran Ghati is a picture perfect trek. Vast meadows, forests, streams, waterfalls, flowers, wildlife, mountain views, beautiful campsites, snow-covered pass and the snow wall at Buran pass, this trek has everything you ask for and so much more. Here are some of the endless highlights of the trek.
1. Vast green meadows of Dayara Bugyal
2. The mysterious and beautiful Chandraharan Lake
3. Epic campsite of Dhunda and the Gunas pass
4. Thrilling snow wall rappel at Buran pass…read on
3. Folktales of Buran Ghati trek
Apart from scaling mountains or enjoying the beauty of the trails during a trek, the effort of bonding with the locals, knowing and respecting their culture adds to your entire experience of the trek. There is a reason the people in the villages and mountains of the Himalayas believe and follow whatever it is that they follow. Mountains always have some stories associated with them and here are a couple associated with the Buran Ghati trek.
1. Folktales of Janglik - this village of Janglik which is where the trek starts also has a local deity which is revered above all others by the villagers and is called as Jakh Devta. All decisions, small or large, are made after seeking permission from their deity, which is a supernatural being considered divine or sacred. The villagers have experienced their prayers being answered when in distress by the deity, so they do what the Jakh Devta tells them to do.
2. Folktales from Chandraharan - Chandranahan Lake holds mythological importance among the local people. The story says that the crescent moon of Lord Shiva took a dip in this lake, giving it the name Chandranahan. According to the locals, Chandranahan Lake is considered to be a sacred lake and if anyone goes near the lake wearing their shoes, the local deity gets upset, and to clean the impurity that came along with humans, it rains. According to the locals, the local Devta of Rohru village takes a dip in Chandranahan Lake once in every 5 years...Read on
4. What makes Buran Ghati a good alternative to Roopkund?
Buran Ghati Trek is the 'have it all' trek which starts from Janglik and ends at Barua is one of the most beautiful treks of the Shimla region. This trek is a perfect choice for those who are looking for a trek, which has the best of everything. This trek lets you camp at bugyals, lets you cross a high mountain pass and then rappel down a slow slope, making your trek thrilling and exciting. With a ban on the Roopkund trek, the Buran Ghati trek is a good alternative to explore its diverse trail…Read on
If you are unsure about your next Himalayan trek then look no further than the Buran Ghati trek. A guaranteed experience of a lifetime taking you through every possible terrain and throwing you with every possible scenery you can imagine and much more.