Looking for the full itinerary and details of Kudremukh Trek? Find them here!
Calling out all adventure buffs! You are in for a treat. If you thought that all the great treks lie in the bounty of the Himalayas, then stop and think once again. Our country has a rich geography in the south too. Just for you!
One such perfect example is the Kudremukh trek. Kuduremukha is a mountain range located in Chikkamagaluru district, in Karnataka. It is also the third highest peak in the state, standing tall at 6,027ft.
The specialty of this trek is that it is a perfect weekend getaway. Being a one day trek, it proves to be a perfect mix of adventure and leisure. It is ideal for beginners as well as experienced trekkers. It can be a perfect way to learn and prepare yourself for greater treks at the Himalayas. All basic skills required to become a trekker can be learned at this trek. With proper guidance one can really gather a lot of knowledge about the art of trekking.
The entire trail of this trek is 18 km and can be easily covered in one day.
This trek begins from the Forest office and it takes about 5 – 6 hours to reach the top. Some necessary permissions are needed before you start this trek. All of which can be taken care of at the forest office.
But before you decide to undertake this trek, you must prepare well. Knowing all the rules and regulations is very important. The most important fact is that you are not allowed to camp on this trek. So time management becomes very important. For this reason there are many certified guides available at the base of the trek.
This trek also has some of the most beautiful sights. From its lush green grasslands to the peculiar shape of the mountain peak, this trek has many fascinating aspects.
So here are a few noteworthy mentions.
- The first thing that you hear about this trek will probably be about the shape of the mountain peak. The name of the peak speaks for itself. Kudremukha stands for ‘horse’s face’. The peak looks like the work of a fine sculptor.
- The entire trail of this trek is a marvel in itself. The streams, waterfalls, grasslands, green hills and valleys, meadows and forests majestically welcome you and show off their beauty. And all you can do is, get mesmerized.
- When you least expect, the trek throws a surprise for you. Coffee plantations! Stop for a cup of fresh coffee on your way. Rejuvenate your senses and make your way ahead. The warm and generous people who take care of these plantations are always ready to share their experiences and stories. So these plantations become a stop for all the trekkers.
- While you are on the trek, taking a small detour will take you to a National Park. Witness the grandeur of the Somavati river here. The river flows calmly and gives an immense sense of pleasure and relaxation. The trees form a canopy over your heads and little rays of sunshine fall through them. This spectacular view becomes the Instagram story for many.
- You are likely to come across many animals on the trek. The dense green forests are home to many animals. Some deer, crabs, peacocks and various bird become your partners on this trek. But beware of the leeches here. Especially during monsoons, the trekkers must take all necessary precautions to avoid any mishappenings.
- During the beginning of the trek, you come across a plateau which needs a very special mention. On this green and wide plateau, there is one lonely tree which marks its territory. The breathtaking view looks like an old painting.
- The trek is largely unexplored and this becomes a major attraction for many. It becomes a spiritual experience for the people who decide to embark on this trek. A day off in the lap of the mountains where nature is at its best. Who wouldn’t want this?
The idea of having a perfect weekend is everyone's dream. A day away from the hustle bustle of the city and the monotony of your work lives can be a perfect mood lifter. The Kudremukh trek fits perfectly into the busy lives.
If you have been to a lot of treks in the Himalayas and are looking for something different, then this is the perfect place for you to explore. On the other hand, if you are a newbie and haven't been on many treks the Kudermukh trek is the perfect way to start.
So, don’t wait. Gather your group and get going.