1st Prize (Bikat voucher worth Rs 7000): Asmita
2nd Prize (Bikat voucher worth Rs 5000): Pranav
3rd Prize (Bikat voucher worth Rs 3000): Harish
And as promised participation voucher worth Rs 500 will be given to all of you who participated with legitimate email id.
Congratulations everyone and be ready- the new contest coming your way real soon!
I. Fill in the blank: Altimeter can determine altitude by measuring ____
- Air Pressure
- Blood Pressure
- Oxygen Level
Ans: Air Pressure
II. Indrasan, the highest peak of Pir Panjal range is visible from?
- Hampta Pass
- Bhrigu Lake
- Beas Kund
- Pin Bhabha Pass
Ans: Hampta Pass
III. As per mythology, this glacial lake near Badrinath is a meditating ground of holy Trio-Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh.
- Ruinsara Lake
- Kedar Tal
- Vasuki Tal
- Satopant Lake
Ans: Satopant Lake
IV. This trek is an ancient trade route between the Spiti in Himachal, Tibet & Changthang in Ladakh region
- Lamkhaga Pass
- Markha Valley Trek
- Parang La Trek
Ans: Parang La Trek
V. Which of these mountains is not a part of the famous amphitheater views of Har ki Dun Valley?
- Black Peak
VI. Which of these is an appropriate layering system for an extremely cold and wet conditions?
- Synthetic base layers, fleece mid layer, nonbreathable nylon hard shell
- Merino base layer, fleece mid layer, soft shell
- Merino base layer, down mid layer, breathable hard shell
- Synthetic base layer, fleece mid layer, breathable hard shell
Ans: Merino base layer, down mid layer, breathable hard shell
VII. What is the upper limit of core body temperature for mild and severe hypothermia?
- Mild < 35°C, Severe < 25°C
- Mild < 33°C, Sever < 25°C
- Mild < 35°C, Severe < 28°C
- Mild < 37°C, Severe < 28°C
Ans: Mild < 33°C, Sever < 25°C
VIII. Which of these is true about down Jacket?
- Good for wet weather
- Made from any kind of duck feathers
- Best warmth to weight ratio
- Bulky and heavy
Ans: Best warmth to weight ratio
IX. You wake up at your campsite at 12000 ft with a splitting headache and shortness of breath. You recognize symptoms of altitude sickness and decide on which treatment plan?
- Take a rest day at the same campsite
- Take Diamox and continue hiking
- Descend to an elevation of 9000 ft
- All of these are appropriate treatment plans
Ans: Descend to an elevation of 9000 ft.
X. Which of these factors do not increase susceptibility to hypothermia?
- A previous case of hypothermia
- Immobilisation due to injury
Ans: A previous case of hypothermia
XI. What is the minimum altitude at which mountain sickness can occur?
- 10000 ft
- 8000 ft
- 5000 ft
- 2000 ft
Ans: 8000 ft