So back from an adventure, you must be thinking what's next?
We say let your adventure breathe once again.
Pen it down before it becomes a distant memory, difficult to recall. Your story has the power to ignite the flame of adventure in others. Don't let it go in vain.
We heartily invite you to participate in "The Adventurer blog contest - July 2017"
Write your experience in the form of a blog post and share it with us, inspire others and also win the exciting prizes.
1st Prize: Voucher of Rs 10000/-
2nd Prize: Voucher of Rs 6000/-
3rd Prize: Voucher of Rs 4000/-
We never let any good efforts to go waste hence voucher of Rs 2000 will be given to every entry that gets published.
How does it work?
- It’s a one month contest that starts from 1st July 2017 and closes on 31st July 2017.
- The blog must be a personal experience of an endurance based adventure activity you were part of. For Example Trekking, Cycling, Climbing, Kayaking, Paragliding, Scuba Diving etc, to name a few.
- Write up must be at least 800 words long and includes 10 high res pictures with relevant captions. No maximum limit of words and photos.
- The content submitted should be your original work free from any plagiarism. Any Pictures/Video Clippings, used in the submitted content, should have been either originally shot by the author or Published with due permission from the original source and giving appropriate credit.
How to participate?
- The best way to send your entry is to log into our website, go to your dashboard and visit “my content” and publish your blog there.
- Write your blog in a word doc. and send it to us on firstname.lastname@example.org . Attach the images in a zipped folder or share through a drive. Name the images (1, 2,3 etc )and mark their position on the blog along with the caption.
- You can publish your blog on any online portal. Email us its URL. Your online blog must have a link to the Bikat Adventures website (bikatadventures.com)
- Note: If you are using 2nd and 3rd options use subject line “The adventurer blog contest” in the email and share following information.
- - Name of the contestant
- - Contact number
- - Email id
- - A brief about yourself (60-100 words)
In case of any doubt, call us on our Helpline Number - 9810047631
Every contest has some rules! So does this one
- By submitting the blog, contestant agrees to give permission to Bikat Adventures to use the blog and its content for any purpose, such as promotional material, displays on the website or social media without compensation to the blogger or any individual. Credit will be given where possible.
- Once the author has submitted the entry, Bikat Adventures Pvt. Ltd. reserves the right to review the entry as per the contest rules and as Bikat Adventures Pvt Ltd. deem fit.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd winner blogs will be judged based on content, creativity, and originality, by the Bikat’s judging panel.
- The results will be announced on 10th August 2017 on our website and information will be shared on our official twitter, facebook, Instagram handles. Winners will be notified via mail also.
- Judges decision will be final and absolute.
- For any queries comment on this blog.
Some quick tips for a good blog!
Although there is no sure shot way of pulling off a great blog post there are some patterns that we have noted from our experience of the previous contest and sharing stories till now:
1. good experiential write up is personal! Purely because reader connects better.
2. Has a context to start with and does not end without conclusion/summarization/climax
3. Has a good mix of words and visual creative like image, video, sketch, etc.
4. Is neither too short where a reader feels that he/she is missing the details, nor so long that she dozes off
5. Supported with an introduction by the author.
NOTE: Bikat Adventures reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the contest at any point of time.